Shipway Stairs is seeking a Stair Designer/Draughtsperson/Drafting Technician (Rough Stud Openings) to join our dynamic team. We are a company where customer satisfaction is our main priority. We keep up to date with industry trends and invest in technology to produce the best product possible.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Project Planning
• Review of architectural drawings from customers to determine layout of stairs
• Designing stairs on new construction projects
• Interpret blueprints
• Creating technical reports
• Work with production and engineering team to complete scheduled deadlines
• Take care to produce work which is right the first time
• Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Office, AutoCAD
Qualifications and Experience
• 3 to 5 years of related experience
• Proficient in AutoCAD, and MS Office
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in wood manufacturing is an asset
• Ability to operate accurately and efficiently, with minimum supervision
• Superb organizational and time management skills
• Process oriented with an attention to detail
• Ability to interpret technical drawing correctly
• Willingness to learn
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits. Interested candidates please apply today!
If you are interested in this opportunity please respond with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with AODA legislation (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and the Ontario Human Rights Code, if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process please advise Human Resource. While we thank candidates for their interest in working with Shipway Stairs and Railings, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.